Jaw slimming with Masseter Botox
As a dentist, I know that people clench or grind their teeth without realising, resulting in a more square appearance. Masseter Botox can really help.
The medical term is bruxism. Tooth grinding may occur during sleep, while concentrating, or when stressed. Although this may not have any consequence some people get an increase in the size of the chewing muscle (masseter muscle) resulting in giving their lower jaw a bulky appearance and affecting the shape of their face.
A large masseter muscle in the jaw can be there genetically or through Bruxism, tooth grinding.
Genetically - means that you were born with the tendency of a larger muscle, in which case Botox is a good treatment option… and can lead to jawline slimming.
Adaptively - means that you may be using the masseter muscle more than normal..potentially due to tooth grinding or a dental occlusion that is not quite right. Botulinum toxin will help the problem but ultimately when the botox wears off the pain and grinding will be back.
This is why seeing a practitioner with a dental background is even more important.
Diagnosis is key to a good outcome, It's important to treat the cause, not the symptom.
Not all patients are suitable. Assessment is key to a successful outcome long term.
Botulinum toxin can be used to reduce the grinding and in turn, help to slim the jawline.
If you suffer from this condition, please make an appointment for a consultation to discuss your concerns, assess suitability and consider treatment options.
The Medished process
What happens during my appointment?
Patients receive a 30-40 minute consultation to discuss what they’d like to achieve
Photographs of the treatment areas so we can plan treatment and monitor results
A few tiny injections into the jaw muscles using a very fine needle
No local anesthetic is required – discomfort is minimal
Takes 10 mins to perform – no downtime necessary
The whole appointment takes less than 40mins
Noticeable changes to the jaw shape at 6 weeks
Results last at least 4-6 months
Botox® aftercare (within the first 6 hours)
DO NOT rub or massage the treatment areas – this may increase the risk of complications by spreading the product
AVOID alcohol, aspirin and ibuprofen for 24 hours which can increase the risk of bruising and swelling
AVOID lying flat or bending down excessively
AVOID very strenuous physical activity
Why choose DrDil?
• I am an experienced cosmetic dentist with over twenty four years of expertise, now specialising in non-surgical facial rejuvenation. Patient safety is central to my practice
• I combine my excellent understanding of facial anatomy and medical knowledge with an artistic eye. My skill lies in assessing your features and proportions and creating the right treatment approach based on your individual needs and concerns
• I specialise in high quality, expert-led skincare and non-invasive “tweakments” to restore beauty and revive inner wellbeing
• Reputation is one of my core values, which means no time-limited treatment offers, proper cooling-off periods for treatment consideration and full aftercare and support
• I am known for my discreet, natural approach – I believe that when treatments are done well, you get that well-rested, glowing appearance which others can’t help but compliment!