Frown lines and crows feet
The first fine lines and wrinkles tend to appear on a person’s face in areas where the skin naturally folds during facial expressions. They develop due to the skin becoming thinner and less elastic over time.
Wrinkles are a natural part of the ageing process. As people get older, their skin becomes thinner, drier, and less elastic, which means it is less able to protect itself from damage. This leads to wrinkles, creases, and lines on the skin. Facial expressions, such as smiling, frowning, or squinting, lead to the development of fine lines and wrinkles at a young age. These lines deepen as the person gets older.
Many factors affect the development of wrinkles, including: sun exposure, smoking, dehydration, some medications environmental and genetic factors, Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light from sunbathing, tanning booths, and outdoor sports increases the development of wrinkles.
UV light breaks down the collagen and elastin fibers in the skin. These fibers form the connective tissue that supports the skin. As this layer breaks down, the skin becomes weaker and less flexible. The skin starts to droop, and wrinkles appear.
Look better, feel better
'There’s an interesting debate about whether being unable to frown through anti-wrinkle treatments actually help improve your mood… all I can say from my own experience is that my patients do seem happier when they return for their 2 week review, and have all stated that they feel better post treatment.'
Let’s talk about Botox for treating fine lines and wrinkles. I target only the small, specific muscles responsible for unwanted lines and wrinkles, refreshing your appearance. Administered correctly, they can subtly smooth and soften the skin, restoring a youthful complexion. It can be use it to enhance positive expression, and decrease negative expressions in the face. I believe good treatment is undetectable - you don't have to look frozen or odd, you just look fab for your age. In the hands of a skilled injector, Botox can be used anywhere in the face. In general, there are certain areas where Botox will work better and others where dermal fillers will work better.
Profhilo is a “super skin booster” not only hydrates your skin from the inside out, getting rid of any crepyness, it increases your collagen and elastin production like nothing else I know, actually remodelling your skin, making it look far firmer, hence reducing you fine lines and wrinkles
Why choose DrDil?
• I am an experienced cosmetic dentist with over twenty four years of expertise, now specialising in non-surgical facial rejuvenation. Patient safety is central to my practice
• I combine my excellent understanding of facial anatomy and medical knowledge with an artistic eye. My skill lies in assessing your features and proportions and creating the right treatment approach based on your individual needs and concerns
• I specialise in high quality, expert-led skincare and non-invasive “tweakments” to restore beauty and revive inner wellbeing
• Reputation is one of my core values, which means no time-limited treatment offers, proper cooling-off periods for treatment consideration and full aftercare and support
• I am known for my discreet, natural approach – I believe that when treatments are done well, you get that well-rested, glowing appearance which others can’t help but compliment!