This is a popular way of enhancing the lips and the mouth area with specially formulated dermal filler to give natural long lasting results. These are designed to add volume and shape as well as improve the condition of the lips as hyaluronic acid can hold many times its weight in water. The Lip filler integrates seamlessly to give natural effects.
It’s important that Lips should fit your face nicely and have good balance, proportions and not be too overpowering. If a Patient has big eyes if may be easier for them to look good with bigger lips, smaller eyes need smaller lips.
I always look at my patients profile and see if they have any asymmetries which I can improve. There are many issues that can be addressed for example... volume can be enhanced, the cupid’s bow redefined, smokers lines reduced, the vermillion border strengthened and hydration increased.
I only use Hyaluronic Acid Fillers and I stock the reversal drug on site(hyalase) if for any reason the filler needs to be dissolved. I think the key to producing beautiful lips is that I have a good anatomical knowledge so I understand the areas of the lip that can be injected safely.
The Medished process
All of my patients at The Medished will need to have a full consultation prior to any filler treatment and a cooling off period. I will take a full medical history and advise you of the risks and benefits of the procedure before making a recommendation of the most appropriate lip Filler product for you.
All appointments are a minimum of an hour to allow time for the topical anaesthesia to work for the first 15 minutes. During the lip filler procedure I will be regularly consulting you so that you are happy with the outcome.
It is however impossible to know how your body will react to the product and the procedure. I always inform my patients of all possible outcomes so that they are empowered with the knowledge so that if there is a complication we would be able to act on it.
You will have a safer, more informed and stress-free recovery if you are aware of the commonly occurring and rare complications.
Aesthetic treatments such as lip fillers are medical procedures that take some time to settle but each person is different and so for the most optimum effect, you may need to return within a fortnight for a follow up appointment.
Top tips prior to treatment
Do not exercise beforehand
Do not take aspirin/ibuprofen the week before a treatment
Consider using arnica in the week before your treatment
Have the lip area clean and make up free
Avoid using make up for at least 4 hours after your treatment
No Alcohol 24 hours before and after treatment
Post treatment advice
In the first two days after your lip filler treatment:
Do not rub or massage your lips
Do not take aspirin/ibuprofen and avoid alcohol
Use a cold compress on your lips for 15 minutes in every hour
Sleep with your head slightly raised
Swelling is most noticeable in the first two days after your treatment but if there is some swelling after 48 hours, an over the counter anti-histamine might help.
Bruising might take longer to improve, depending on its severity.
Why choose DrDil?
• I am an experienced cosmetic dentist with over twenty four years of expertise, now specialising in non-surgical facial rejuvenation. Patient safety is central to my practice
• I combine my excellent understanding of facial anatomy and medical knowledge with an artistic eye. My skill lies in assessing your features and proportions and creating the right treatment approach based on your individual needs and concerns
• I specialise in high quality, expert-led skincare and non-invasive “tweakments” to restore beauty and revive inner wellbeing
• Reputation is one of my core values, which means no time-limited treatment offers, proper cooling-off periods for treatment consideration and full aftercare and support
• I am known for my discreet, natural approach – I believe that when treatments are done well, you get that well-rested, glowing appearance which others can’t help but compliment!