As we age the changes in the bones and soft tissue structure of the face can start to change the cheek area and make it look hollower. This can create folds in the lower face. For cheek enhancement, hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring molecule is injected at specific points to restore the youthful curve of your face to give it a softer, natural and refreshed appearance.
I use dermal fillers most frequently to improve structure to the mid-face area on which so many facial features depend. I also teach this treatment to other practitioners with Cosmetic Courses, and therefore my knowledge and expertise in this treatment area is second-to-none.
I always say to my patients that facial enhancement is a journey and treatment plans can always evolve according to needs and budget. In my opinion if your considering dermal filler treatment , most patients will benefit from replacing lost cheek volume.
This not only enhances the mid face, but it also improves the appearances of the “nose to mouth lines” and ” sad lines” and around our eyes...This statement is obviously subject to individual facial assessment and consultation.
Using small volumes of dermal fillers we can build the foundation needed for rejuvenation. The use of MD Codes identifies precise sites in the face where the use of dermal fillers will create natural looking lift and rejuvenation and allows for bespoke, tailor made treatments, which take into account facial proportions and anatomy.
Negatives vectors in the face can be lifted so to change the emotional attributes on a patients face... so we can make the patient look happier, more rested, more youthful and less saggy.
So to conclude dermal fillers are not to be feared..they are a great way to enhance your beauty by replacing volume in a subtle and natural looking way... however choose your injector wisely as good anatomical knowledge is essential.
The Medished process
What happens during my appointment?
A 30 minute consultation to discuss medical history and what you’d like to achieve
Photographs of the treatment areas so we can plan treatment and monitor results
Local anaesthetic cream can be used to increase comfort
Dermal filler injected into skin via fine gauge (27-31G) needle
Injection sites massaged to promote even integration into tissue
Tissue expansion associated with slight burning / stinging sensation
Results can last 6 - 18 months
Aftercare (first 12 hours)
DO NOT apply make-up or creams for at least 6 hours
DO gently massage the treatment areas for up to 2 weeks to avoid unevenness
Don’t fly for the first 12 hours
Do not exercise for the first 12 hours
Do not drink alcohol for the first 12 hours
DO NOT expose the treatment areas to extreme heat (eg sunbeds / sauna) for at least 2 weeks, as this may affect product durability
Try staying upright for the first 3 hours
14 day appointment review
15 minute appointment to review treatment
Photographs taken to compare results
Discuss how best to treat in the future
Frequently asked questions
How long will it take?
Most procedures can be completed within 30 minutes to 45 minutes
Is it painful?
Some patients may experience a mild stinging or burning sensation as the product is injected. This is reduced significantly by application of a local anaesthetic cream prior to treatment.
How long will the results last?
Treatment result last between 6-18 months, depending on a variety of factors such as product type, area injected, degree of correction, age, skin type and lifestyle.
Why choose DrDil?
• I am an experienced cosmetic dentist with over twenty four years of expertise, now specialising in non-surgical facial rejuvenation. Patient safety is central to my practice
• I combine my excellent understanding of facial anatomy and medical knowledge with an artistic eye. My skill lies in assessing your features and proportions and creating the right treatment approach based on your individual needs and concerns
• I specialise in high quality, expert-led skincare and non-invasive “tweakments” to restore beauty and revive inner wellbeing
• Reputation is one of my core values, which means no time-limited treatment offers, proper cooling-off periods for treatment consideration and full aftercare and support
• I am known for my discreet, natural approach – I believe that when treatments are done well, you get that well-rested, glowing appearance which others can’t help but compliment!