WHAT IS ACNE?
Acne is the occurrence of inflamed or infected oil glands. Hormones can act on the oil glands in the skin to make them bigger thus leading to more oil production and blocking your pores. Bacteria can act on the skin surface and cause deeper seated spots. Acne comes in different forms when it comes to the pimples.
Why choose DrDil?
• I am an experienced cosmetic dentist with over twenty-two years of expertise, now specialising in non-surgical facial rejuvenation. Patient safety is central to my practice
• I combine my excellent understanding of facial anatomy and medical knowledge with an artistic eye. My skill lies in assessing your features and proportions and creating the right treatment approach based on your individual needs and concerns
• I specialise in high quality, expert-led skincare and non-invasive “tweakments” to restore beauty and revive inner wellbeing
• Reputation is one of my core values, which means no time-limited treatment offers, proper cooling-off periods for treatment consideration and full aftercare and support
• I am known for my discreet, natural approach – I believe that when treatments are done well, you get that well-rested, glowing appearance which others can’t help but compliment!
The most common types are:
These are pimples that stay under the surface of the skin.
• Blackheads These pimples rise to the skin’s surface and look black.
• Papules These are small pink bumps that can be tender.
• Pustules These pimples are red at the bottom and have pus on top.
• Nodules These are large, painful, solid pimples that are deep in the skin.
• Cysts These deep, painful, pus-filled pimples can cause scars.
Causes of acne are really unknown, but typically hormonal changes, heredity, the start and stop of medications, including birth control, diet, makeup, and use of products that clog pores are known factors. Triggers can vary from one person to the next. Diet can also play a part so possibly reducing your diary and sugar from your diet can be helpful.
For females acne can be more pronounced around the time of your period , first trimester of pregnancy, and also around the time of menopause. When it comes to skincare and acne I would advise certain key ingredients. Feel free to schedule an appointment as the treatment options are varied depending on the type of acne. Consultation face to face or online is key to a successful outcome.
Read more about Acne in my latest