Updated: Jan 18, 2020
My philosophy at The Medished is to create & maintain healthy skin for life – for all patients. We should all be able to look good for our age, and healthy skin is what we all want. The good news is that we can address the appearance of ageing skin with keys ingredients..
Understanding The Skin Basics
There are 2 layers of the skin, the epidermis and the dermis. Medical grade skin care is licensed to get to the dermis of skin so to increase production of collagen and elastin.
The epidermis consists of cells called the keratinocytes and melanocytes. The dermis contains cells called the fibroblasts. A healthy skin cell cycle is 6 weeks..as we age the cycle increases in length so causing uneven texture making fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable.
So How does skin age?
Human skin is constantly exposed to environmental stressors and UV radiation contributes to 80% of oxidative stress and free radical damage leads to older looking skin. Other factors include the natural ageing process, trauma and hormonal changes.
What can we do ... Adopt a good skincare regime!
● Cleanse to remove irritants and surface debris for a clear complexion
● Exfoliate regularly to instantly polish the skin to restore a smoother texture for a healthy glow, and to remove dead skin cells so that the active products can penetrate deeper into the skin
● Tone to balance skins natural PH levels
● Treatment to maximise skin barrier function to achieve dramatic results
● Hydration to provide hydration and anti-inflammatory benefits