Updated: Jan 18, 2020
My philosophy at The Medished is to create & maintain healthy skin for life – for all patients. We should all be able to look good for our age, and healthy skin is what we all want. The good news is that we can address the appearance of ageing skin with keys ingredients..
Understanding The Skin Basics
There are 2 layers of the skin, the epidermis and the dermis. Medical grade skin care is licensed to get to the dermis of skin so to increase production of collagen and elastin.
The epidermis consists of cells called the keratinocytes and melanocytes. The dermis contains cells called the fibroblasts. A healthy skin cell cycle is 6 weeks..as we age the cycle increases in length so causing uneven texture making fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable.
So How does skin age?
Human skin is constantly exposed to environmental stressors and UV radiation contributes to 80% of oxidative stress and free radical damage leads to older looking skin. Other factors include the natural ageing process, trauma and hormonal changes.
What can we do ... Adopt a good skincare regime!
● Cleanse to remove irritants and surface debris for a clear complexion
● Exfoliate regularly to instantly polish the skin to restore a smoother texture for a healthy glow, and to remove dead skin cells so that the active products can penetrate deeper into the skin
● Tone to balance skins natural PH levels
● Treatment to maximise skin barrier function to achieve dramatic results
● Hydration to provide hydration and anti-inflammatory benefits
● Sun-protection combined ingredients to protect the skin against harmful UVA/UVB rays and HEV light
Key ingredients to promote healthy skin
● Retinol - reduces and prevents the appearance of fine lines. Helps clear break outs
Improves skin tone and texture
● Vitamin C – builds collagen, lightens and brightens the skin, reduces inflammation, neutralises free radicals and helps maintain normal cell turnover
● Hydroquinone – regulates melanin production ie reducing brown spots/age spots.
● Glycolic acid – restores smoother skin by increasing cell turnover
● Lactic acid – increases epidermis hydration. Softens keratinocytes and increases cell turnover
● Salicylic acid – Smooths the stratum corneum. Unclog pores. Regulates oil production.
I believe the key to confidence is looking your best. The right skincare regime can make a huge difference to reduce the effects of ageing and sun damage. I am very passionate about skincare as I feel that this is something we can maintain for life .
The reason I love using Obagi and ZO products is because conventional off the counter skincare can only offer limited results. They are not licensed to penetrate through the epidermis to the deeper dermal layers.
Medical grade products, can targets the epidermis and transforming your skin’s health to look brighter, clearer, softer, smoother, firmer and naturally younger!
The Obagi and ZO skin health ranges are well-known throughout the world as leaders in skin health. Obagi is based on the belief that every person can enhance, rejuvenate and sustain beautiful skin for life and that there is truly an Obagi system for everybody to achieve this.
For this purpose, several clinically proven products and skin care systems have been developed, which can be prescribed to you after a thorough consultation and analysis of your skin which is made at the first meeting at the Medished. This consists of anti-ageing therapy which has been specially formulated to penetrate the surface of the skin, which in turn transforms the functions of skin cells at the cellular level to repair the damage inside, leaving younger, healthier looking skin.
Obagi and ZO have developed a range of products and skin care systems which I could prescribe to you after a thorough consultation and analysis of your skin..these Medical grade products are available here at the Medished subject to consultation, so why not pop in for chat!